Friday 15 February 2013

Grey on White

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that most of us are currently in the middle of winter (to those of you on the other end of the globe, I hope you're enjoying your summer...).

Around here, for the last couple of years, winter has meant cold, wet weather, lots of mud and general misery, weather-wise. Everything was grey-brown and the cold was of the kind that went straight into your bones.

This year, winter brought snow, ice and lots and lots of white on the ground. It would have been even nicer if the white blanket went with a blue rather than grey sky but beggars can't be choosers, right? So we have, right now, a surplus of snow (very pretty), a grey sky (not so pretty but could be worse) and no cold bones in sight.

Instead, I got an actual cold, fever and everything. Which is doing wonders for my ability to concentrate on anything at all.

*sigh*

And yes, I'm sorry my blogposts seem to be all about complaining lately.



Photobucket

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you're sick!

Unknown said...

Thank you. And truly, Alex, I love you - you're always right there when I post something!!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm right with you today. Home from work and feeling sorry for myself.

Unknown said...

@ Susan - I hear you.

Mia Hayson said...

:(

Sorry to hear you're ill. I am kind of a difficult person to be around when you're ill because I have an extreme fear of getting sick! Like, I actively avoid certain buildings sometimes because I know people are ill. In a zombie apocalypse this would be a wise idea. In normal life it just makes me seem totally aloof.

Get well soon!

<3

Nigel G Mitchell said...

Hope you feel better soon. Getting over a winter cold myself

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails