Wednesday 17 July 2013

Summertime vs Time in Summer

Well, it's official. Summer is here, it's hot, the sun is shining, I'm working my way up to a tan as much as that's possible with factor 50 sunscreen, people are on holiday all over the place. Things at work are getting on at the pace of a snail on sleeping pills, because everyone who'd do anything useful is on holiday. Nothing constructive seems to get done.

Sounds like I'd have lots of time to write, no?

Unfortunately, things don't seem to work like that. My time is eaten up by work (mostly planning for what must be done as soon as everyone is back from the holidays...), planning my own holiday, getting that tan and trying to keep all that ice cream from sticking to my hips by running away from it for about 7 km every two days.

So when do I write? I don't even seem to have time to socialize properly.

I suck. And I'm failing miserably at Camp Nano, too.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't beat yourself up, Tessa. The summer is sucking the writing out of everyone right now.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I never get as much done in the summer as I plan. My tan is good though.

Denise Covey said...

Hi Tessa...long time no see. I have been reading your previous posts. You are going through a slough but you will come through it.
I do NaNo every November. Don't do Camp NaNo. Have trouble getting my NaNo novels finished.
I see you signed up for the WEP blogfest. It may well see you get fired up. In the years I've been part of an online writing community it has improved my writing big time. Very motivating to write to prompts and get instant feedback on your work.
Lovely to meet up with you again. It's winter in Oz. Your tan sounds good.

Denise

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails