Friday 23 August 2013

On Holiday - A Write, Edit, Publish Bloghop post

Hello my dearies!

I hope summer is treating you well and you've had a chance to go on holiday and enjoy all that warmth. I'm on holiday right now, as a matter of fact - which is both good for and bad for my writing, all at the same time. For one, I'm regaining some of the energy that gets lost if all you do is work. On the other hand, holidays are not precisely conductive to actually sitting down and writing - what with all the sun and beachy things to enjoy.

So I post here for you, for Denise's Write...Edit...Publish bloghop,  not what I originally wanted to post, and what I have, in fact, been working on whenever I actually made it to my computer, because that something is not finished (or perhaps not fit for human consumption). Instead, I give you this:

Hot skin salt water
scent of brine and coconuts
Finally! The beach. 

The flickering air
covers multitudes of sand
fata morgana


Or, for the occasion of someone bumping into my car this morning (nothing happened, but my license plate was loose and had to be screwed back on) (and all that before my morning coffee)... 

Stop and reverse now
mirrors are decoration
never mind others.

Patience and temper
elusive, hot, cold, shaking.
Deep breath and onwards.

Well, that's all, folks! I hope you like my little Haikus (or as much of a haiku as I manage, anyhow). How are your holidays? Get lots of writing done? 

Don't forget to pop by the Write...Edit...Publish blog and see who else is taking part!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Hey Tessa, just trawling around to see who's posted while I was sleeping! Sorry you didn't get the work up that you planned (maybe it could be used for MOVING ON in September?)

I loved the freshness of your holiday post. Right in the moment, even to the pre-coffee dingle in your car. You communicated the spirit of your holiday very well.

Thank you for participating even though you have things other than writing on your mind. Hopefully you will return to work refreshed.

Thank you for your entry for the inaugural WEP bloghop.

Denise

Unknown said...

Hey Denise!

I had this little bit of flash fiction all planned out but as you can see all that came of it is Haikus... I'm glad you liked them!

T.x

Michelle Wallace said...

Spontaneity
What a wonderful idea
For the bloghop post!

Nice to meet you! *waving*
Writer In Transit

Bevimus said...

What wonderful little snippets! And I can't imagine being creative enough to get a haiku out of a fender bender! Good for you!

Visitng via the Write, edit, publish linky list- wonderful to meet you!

Sally said...

What a start to your holiday hope all goes smoothly from now on and you get that much needed rest and relaxation.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry someone bumped you that morning!

N. R. Williams said...

Greetings Tessa
Loved your little whatevers. I'm no good at them. Enjoy the rest of your holiday. I live in Mountain country.
Nancy

Lisa said...

These Haikus were great and put me right in the moments. I made it to the beach twice this summer, but really had a vacation in the mountains, even if it was a mini one! Sorry about your car and hope there's no real damage. Go and enjoy the sun and sea, that should make everything all right!

Trisha said...

Nice post! I am personally enjoying some very stormy winter weather here in Perth at the moment, but I sure can relate to that hot weather theme during our summer months. :)

Scheherazade said...

Light, airy, and refreshing snippets that kind of set the day right no matter what.

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails