Tuesday 13 May 2014

Uhm... I think I'm back, now...

Hello my dearies!

I'm sorry I've been so inattentive lately. I've even forgotten to do the Insecure Writers' Support Group post, that's how bad I've been. 

I don't know about you, but sometimes, everything just comes together perfectly, and as if the universe or The Old Man Up There has scales that need to balance, sometimes, pretty much everything goes wrong. 

For me, 2012 was a year where everything ran smooth and sweet as honey. I finished my second university degree, started on my PhD, lost all the weight I'd been trying to lose for ages, the company I run with a friend of mine had a GREAT year, NaNo was fantastic and Mr Muse was smiling down on me. 

This year (and I'm speaking academic year, starting Autumn 2013), things just don't seem to jibe properly. I've hit a storm-levee sized wall in my thesis research, we had a bad season last year (an aspect of my day job has to do with agriculture) and have to scramble to finance our current projects, my parents were both ill, one after the other (better now but health scare is health scare), my siblings had their own crisiseseses (these definitely deserve all the eses they can get) and I have (very) recently been diagnosed with celiac disease (or coeliac, if you're British). 

And then, of course, there's writing. 

My plot bunnies are all still multiplying at inconvenient moments (see 10 Things About Plot Bunnies if you're curious about that), my Muse is as volatile and moody as ever, my characters still have minds of their own and scream at me from time to time, but things are still stuck. Or rather, I'm stuck. 

Because this is not the state of being I want to remain in, I have made a plan. You might even say I'm plotting my future, writing-wise. 

I will...

  • ... start posting on writing craft again, to remind myself what it's all about and share the experience with you guys and gals
  • ... go see how you're all doing, a social activity I have been embarrassingly bad at for the last couple of months
  • ... write. This, of course, is the most important of all...not that chatting with you isn't important, it's just that writing is even more so. You know what I mean? 
After all that, my question for you: when was the last time everything went right for you? Do these things come and go in waves for you, too? 

Love you all, 

Photobucket

ps. I was happily surprised to see one of my posts (the one about Plot Bunnies) has been recently retweeted by no less than Writer Unboxed!! THANKS!!!

No comments:

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails