Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas Plot Bunny Exchange

This December my Powered By Plot Bunny friends and I decided to do a little 250-word drabble Christmas Plot Bunny exchange. Each of us provided 3 prompts and got assigned three in turn. The task: include some/all of said prompts/plot elements and write a 250 word story. 



My prompts:

Topic - something has been or must be hidden
Setting - a church
Character - an emo kid
If there's romance I prefer m/m thing
250 word maximum!


Here's what I came up with: 



***

“Sanctuary!”



I grunted as a slender dark-haired person crashed into me. I grabbed...his...arms to keep both of us upright, then pushed away a little so I could look at who I’d caught.



“I claim Sanctuary,” he repeated, slowly catching his breath.



Cute.



“Why?” I asked, letting my hands run up and down his arms before I let go. The most delicious chocolate-brown, kohl-lined eyes blinked up at me.



“Why?” My pretty little catch frowned. The little wrinkle between his finely drawn black eyebrows was adorable. “You’re a priest, this is a church, you have to give me sanctuary.”



I chuckled and pulled him further into the room.



“Pet, have a look around. This hasn’t been a church in years.”



I watched his head swing back and forth as he studied the waiting room chairs, the bright front desk and the pictures of my work on the wall.



“You aren’t a priest!”



I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. “I never said I was.”



He kept staring, looking me up and down as if he only really saw me now. I had quite a time hiding the shudder that rolled over me. If he saw what he was doing to my jeans, fine, but I was not letting him know how much those puppy-dog eyes made me sweat.



“No priest?” The tip of his pink tongue peeked out between his lips before he smiled. 



“Good,” he said as he stretched up to kiss me.

***

There you go, that's it.

Let me tell you, writing a story in 250 words (exactly, btw) was REALLY HARD for me. I hope I haven't cut too much for it to still make sense...
 

Hope you liked it, 


T.x

5 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

wow, this sounds like so much fun! Great 250 word story- it had everything it needed to to keep me intrigued! Good job!

Wendy Lu said...

What a clever idea! Love your story, very interesting indeed. :) I like the 250-word limit...long enough to make an audience get sucked into the story, but not long enough to be considered a short story.

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

The Words Crafter said...

Ha! Clever! What a fun concept-I don't think I could do it....

I have goodies on my blog for my followers! Come get 'em!

Golden Eagle said...

Clever way of using the prompts!

Anonymous said...

:D Very neat! Great keeping the suspense for only 250 words!

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails