Penguin Clothbound Classics, designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith
So I've decided to make something of it, and start a challenge....how many classics can I read (or re-read) this year?
- The challenge runs 1st Jan 2011 to Dec 31st 2011.
- Read either SIX (Student level),TWELVE (Scholar level) or TWENTY-FOUR (Professor level) classic novels.
- Add them to your list as you read or make a list beforehand - it's up to you.
- Join any time before Dec 31st 2011
- Write a post on your blog about joining the challenge, then sign up on the linky list below with the link to that SPECIFIC post, or the link to the PAGE you use to keep track of your progress.
- You don't have to do reviews, but if you do please remember to link them somehow to the page you signed up with so people can find them.
- If you want to chat about this on twitter, use #readtheclassics2011
Grab my button (if it works - fingers crossed):
If you have trouble signing up, let me know.
Here's a provisional list of what I want to read:
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Treasure Island by Robert Luis Stephenson
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carol
- Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carol
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Emma by Jane Austen
- The Odyssey by Homer
- Lady Chatterly's Lover by DH Lawrence
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
If you need inspiration for what books are "classic", just type "Penguin Classics" into amazon's search box. That'll give you a long list of classic books.