Thursday 2 June 2011

All Evidence to the Contrary...

I AM A WRITER

No really. I may have had little more than a handful of hours to write these last few weeks, and perhaps I'm  terminally plothopping, and ok, so I'm really, really bad at finishing things.

But you know what?

I'm still a writer. Because, you see, no matter what I do, all I want need is to write, to tell the stories of all those people roaming around my head like so many plot bunnies dust bunnies tumbleweeds. I can't seem to stop. Even when I have no pen at hand, no paper close by, scenes and conversations run through my head and I curse myself for not having a dictaphone. I'll see something on the street, hear a snippet of someone talking on the phone/to their neighbour/to the waiter, and there it is, that bit of plot I've been missing. Or maybe a new plot, who knows.

According to some of my friends, I even have conversations with myself.          o.O

So here's my statement of the day:

TESSA CONTE IS A WRITER

and maybe, one day, soon I'll be an author, too.

What about you, my dearies? What convinces you that writing is what you're meant to do?
Photobucket

12 comments:

Elena Solodow said...

Of course you are! This is always a good post to write, just as a reminder. I'm lucky that writing has always been a constant for me. I can't turn it off, so I suppose that's all the reminder for me. There's nothing like going through a dull period and then having a great idea come to you!

Golden Eagle said...

I love putting my thoughts down in words--and, as you mentioned, I'll come across something and just get an idea for a story. :)

Anna said...

I'm totally a writer, even if at the moment I am procrastinating instead. Thanks for the self-affirming post.

Natasha Hanova said...

The voices…. :-)

and p.s. take out the "maybe". TESSA CONTE IS A WRITER, and one day, I'll be an author too. Power of positive thinking.

Unknown said...

Were we separated at birth? :)

What makes someone a writer vs. an author? Most days I call myself a writer, and the times I've called myself an author just feels...odd.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You ARE a writer!

stu said...

I make my living from writing, and I still feel uncomfortable calling myself a writer.

Myne said...

How I know? I don't talk much, but I love writing and there are so many stories in my head. :)

Wendy Lu said...

I constantly have these voices yackety yacking in my head...if I don't write their stories, who will? :)

Great post Tessa, I enjoyed reading as always!

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

Raquel Byrnes said...

I guess, like you, I can't stop writing. I do have conversations that might be construed as being with "non-existing" people, but really...I can't help it.
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Unknown said...

My reasons are much the same as yours, and nowadays I steal time to write when I can and obsess about it doing chores when I can't. yes, you're a WRITER!

Daily (w)rite

Deniz Bevan said...

Hear hear!
I wish my plot bunnies multiplied like yours... I have character ideas, and emotional connection ideas, but seem to lack *action* ideas...

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails