Wednesday 18 July 2012

And there she goes again...

Hello my dearies!

Welcome (back) to my Blurb. I hope you've all been well in the past few months of my sporadic blogging. I'm sorry I haven't been around much! I was busy, but that's not really an excuse.

But I'm SO GOOD with excuses! To myself, mostly. That's also known as

P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N

as a writer, you may have come across that word before. Maybe you've experienced it personally, physically, made its acquaintance, argued about which side of the bed you want it to sleep on. 

On that note, I tidied my desk today - dusted everything, even the pens (...I know...), then I sorted through the stacks of paper holding up the air above the desk, put them into boxes or the bin, depending, and then...then I went for a run...then I tried to decide what I'm going to wear to this wedding I'm going to this weekend...oh, and I had to do some work, too. 

Yep, Procrastination, thy name is Tessa. Or the other way round, as the case may be. 

BUT

but

I've already told you about the Writing Diary thingy I started. I'm determined to make good use of it!!! My goal for tomorrow: make an actual schedule for writing that involves some measure of written word per day. What I really need to do, you see, is get into the habit...because I'm scarily far away from that right now. 

I promise I'll let you know tomorrow how I'm doing with the goal-setting.....



Photobucket

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No excuses now - your desk is clean and waiting!

Mia Hayson said...

I am so there with you RE procrastination.

Glad you are back! Kind of sort of, although you never really left and, also, have been around MORE than me.

<3

Denise Covey said...

Just called by to see how things are going and see that you're still into it! The diary is a good thing. Sticking to it won't be easy of course. Happy Writing,Tessa.

Denise

Unknown said...

@ Alex - You're absolutely right. But there's still laundry...

@ MIA MIA MIA!!!! Hi there!!!! I've missed you! (totally my own fault but there)

@ Denise - Thanx! And yes, I'm not very good at sticking with things....

David Jace said...

I think PROCRASTINATION must be dating BOTH of us! I'm glad to see you're hanging in there, for I like reading you. You can come dust my pens tomorrow, if you need something to do. ;)

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails