Sunday 8 July 2012

Sunday Update - Organisation Station

Good morning everyone!

I hope you're having a good weekend so far. Mine's been rather....sluggish...due to the heat wave we have going on over here at the moment. It's so hot my brain has melted (either that or it's on holiday along with Mr Muse). The minute thunderstorms that crop up now and then make it even more sauna-like rather than cooling things off a bit, and it's starting to get to the plants all around, too, so they're more brown than green at the moment.

On the plus side, I've used this I-can't-think-properly time to get myself a writing diary.

Yes, a writing diary.

I went out and bought an academic diary (one of those colourful ones they make for school kids, with sections for marks and for courses you're taking and so on - SEE HERE) and it is now officially my writing diary!

So far, I've managed to add all relevant birthdays and those submission deadlines I'm interested in. I intend to add my writing accomplishments, too - and my blog posts! I did consider adding all that to my normal calender, but that one's already overflowing with stuff for work.

For those of you who read my post for the Insecure Writers' Support Group - I also plan to keep track of my Shiny New Ideas in that writing journal, and the progress I'm making on my current WIP.

What do you think of this new idea or mine? Do you have a "writing diary"? Or some other way you organize your writing life and keep track of things? A pinboard, maybe? (I have one of those, too, but it doesn't fit my handbag...) Post-its? (whoever invented those deserves a Nobel Prize)

What works for you and what totally doesn't?


Photobucket

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good for you!
I have a calendar for blogging where I also jot down ideas for posts. Mostly it's for keeping up with guest posts. As for jotting down story ideas, I'd actually have to have some of those first.

tara said...

Good idea! I have a ton of small journals and such for writing ideas, but I never thought to get an actual planner for such things. Might have to do that!

mshatch said...

I have a bulletin board for notes on my current wip, and a recipe box with index cards where I also write stuff down. Sometimes there's cards all over my desk. Right now it's pretty clean. Not for long though, lol.

David Jace said...

I personally like Google Calendar. I can create and view as many different calendars as I want, so we have one for each of the kids, and finances, and social events, etc. I have a separate author account with Google, to keep that separate, so that calendar isnt' already cluttered with house things, but they can be shared between accounts, so I could have it all on one page if I wanted to. Great idea! I'm going to be adding some of this content to my Google Calendar: publication dates, deadlines, etc. Thanks!

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails