So I've decided to get a clue and make this a recurring theme. I have MORE than enough Pet Peeves, after all...
Today's topic is pet peeves
when you sit down at your desk.
You know that moment you sit down at your desk - for work or writing pleasure - and the world just drops away and your mind snaps into high gear? It's a rare thing, but it does happen.
Here's what stops that great I'm-going-to-get-something-done feeling and makes me feel like I shouldn't have bothered getting up, after all:
- My coffee mug is almost empty.
- My pen is running out of ink. Or the printer is. Actually, it's usually the printer - I tend to have lots of spare pens lying about.
- The phone rings whilst I'm sorting out the bookkeeping. Or writing contracts. Or plotting. Or anything not conductive to interruptions. Same goes for people knocking on the office door.
- The printer is out of paper.
- The dogs/children/husband/wife desperately need you to let them out/go shopping/pay attention. Preferably when you're in the middle of a meeting/phone call.
There's more, of course, but I'll stop ranting now I think. What about you? Pet peeves that snap you out of that perfect working space of mind? (not writing space of mind, mind you, unless that's your job - writing deserves it's very own pet peeves day I think!)