Wednesday 18 May 2011

TEA or COFFEE? - A Necessities of (writing) Life post

Hello, my name is Tessa, and I'm addicted to coffee. 

I drink tea with breakfast for the most part, but after that, it's coffee, coffee, coffee. Waaaay too much of it, probably. I tried switching to green tea (actually I try that about once a month) but this is usually crowned with spectacular failure and a rather grumpy sort of day on my part. 

I do grumpy very well, if I do say so. In fact, I've been told my employees are scared of me.... (insert evil grin right here, please). Now now, I'm not the evil gremlin sort of boss...(more of a dark sidhe if anything, pretty please), it's just that I work in a mostly male-dominated sort of domain and if I don't put my foot down people have a tendency to walk all over me. I can play the dumb blond girlie if I need to, I just prefer  not having to do that. 

So, back to the coffee. The only time I can reasonably do without is in summer, when cold lemonade (preferably with a touch of hierbabuena) and Pepsi Max (TM) or Coke Zero (TM) prevail. Or iced soya chai from Starbucks (TM) (see me being proper with trademarks!! I've had my coffee today, you see...)(I'm vaguely lactose intolerant, in case you were wondering). 

Other than during hot weather, I am not to be held accountable for my actions before I've had at least two cups of tea (proper english tea with milk) or a cup of coffee. 

The need to be caffeinated increases exponentially when I'm writing. Apparently, my Muse is addicted to the stuff, too. He tends to sulk in a dank dark corner of my mind until I give in and dunk him in a nice cappuccino like a home-made cantucci biscuit (yep I make those myself and they're good, thank you very much). 

What about you? What beverage is absolutely essential to your survival? What's your Muse's favourite drink? 


Photobucket

13 comments:

Stina said...

Love the look!

My first choice is Diet Dr Pepper followed by Diet Coke. But for breakfast, I always drink skim milk. I'm not into either coffee or tea. Actually, I can't stand the taste of either one. :P

Artemis Grey said...

COFFEE!!! Although, I do like tea, and at certain times of the month, or when I'm stressed and want to cut out caffeine, I go for caffeine free tea.

Laura M. Campbell said...

Believe it or not, I'm almost caffeine free. I drink black, green and herbal tea when it's cold. Coffee gives me heart burn and soda adds girth to my hips and stomach. And Diet doesn't taste right to me.

That's right, I'm a hyper, overachiever. I'm up early and work until my eyes glaze over. Then, I turn up the dance music and bounce around until my blood circulates properly again.

Summer Frey said...

It's dull, but my muse loves water. It's pretty much all I drink when I write. I'll try a hot beverage, but I'll go so long inbetween sips that it turns cold. I do enjoy coffee and English/Irish Breakfast, or Lady Grey, but mostly as a recreational drink. :)

Elisa Dane said...

Diet Coke all the way, baby!

Allison said...

I've lived on coffee since I was in high school! I've given up all other caffeine though, save an occasional energy drink.

I've tried green tea also (hot), but can't get over how much it tastes like grass clippings. My coworkers can tell when I haven't had coffee because I too get VERY cranky. I recently even had someone tell me they knew I hadn't had coffee because they could "see it in my eyes"?! Who knew?!

Natasha Hanova said...

I *LOVE* ice cold water. I know how crazy that sounds. It's a punishment for most people. I also like tea. And when it comes to choosing between Coke or Pepsi, I'm Coke all the way.

Sarah McCabe said...

I require caffeine as well. Usually in the form of coke or barq's root beer. I've never been able to enjoy coffee or tea.

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

When my eyes are still barely open I stumble to the kettle and boil some water, then I make what I can't live without in the morning - Tim Horton's french vanilla cappuccino. It's usually breakfast and lunch for me lately. Love it!

I think your Haiku is "spring"

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry, I don't drink coffee. I usually consume water. Or energy drinks.

Wendy Lu said...

Coffee is this one drink that I have always wanted to like but never got into.

I am a total water girl all the way. :) I drink at least three bottles of water a day, if not more. It quenches my thirst and makes me feel so rejuvenated--especially cold water. It is frustrating to constantly have to go to the bathroom though, LOL.

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

Denise Covey said...

I love your new look BTW. Is gorgeous and welcoming. Enjoy the travelling. I'm off for a month o'seas soon. Very exciting.

I drink tea all day at home but when I go out it's coffee, coffee, coffee.

Denise<3

Romantic Friday Writers Second Challenge - LOST - Friday 20

Rebecca Bradley said...

I'm a huge tea drinker. I love the stuff. I love drinking it, but I also love the comfort of seeing the steaming fluid in a cup and saucer at the side of me while I work. If I'm working I'm drinking, the two go hand in hand.

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails