Tuesday 29 November 2011

Birth of a Novel - sort of, anyway

Today, I'm a Winner.


Yes, you read correctly. I finished my NaNo-Experience of the year at 50,800 words. Good thing, too, since I won't be able to do any writing tomorrow! 

Just over 50 000 words of utter nonesense, now that I'm re-reading it, but it's there, so YAY! I went ahead and ordered myself a Winner T-Shirt. Spend when you're winning, I say. The story, as it stands, will probaby live at the bottom of my endless story drawer (endless coz the stories will never end - get it, huh, huh?), never again to see the light of day until I'm brave enough to do a re-write. 

Instead of touching that particular story now, I'm off to work on last year's NaNo, instead. I'm even considering the whole write one, sub one thing for next year - that's like NaNo all year long, pressure wise. 

No idea if I'll dare, but maybe...who knows...

Thank you to everyone who popped in on my sporadic blogposts - I love you guys!!! 

*HUGS*

And special hello and thanks to my fellow Birth-of-a-Novel-ers - sorry I've been so uncommunicative, but not updating my wordcount regularly and being offline a lot helped me get to the end this year. I'm gonna go say hi to you now....




Angela H. Anna M. Brooke Busse Charity Bradford Elizabeth Davis Elizabeth Poole Fida Islaih Huntress Jen McConnel Lena Hoppe Mia Hayson Miranda Hardy Nyxie Moon Tessa C Zoe Photobucket

14 comments:

Charity Bradford said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations. Love you endless drawer comment. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your week, and thank you for participating. Some of us are going to continue the blog chain through Dec so we can finish our novels. Feel free to join us, or let me know and I'll take your name off the list.

mshatch said...

congrats and I think anyone who managed to write 50,00 words deserves a t-shirt, at the very least.

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats! And I'm sure there is more sense than you think there is. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations you big winner!!!

Christine Rains said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. I want a t-shirt too, but with Christmas coming up, must save and buy for family.

stu said...

Well done. Rather annoyingly, it's only now November's done that I'm starting any work on my own stuff.

Jessica Silva said...

Congrats!! have fun editing ;)

Mia Hayson said...

Congrats! Havve fun editing. I am ALWAYS surprised when I look over past Nano things. Hope you're pleasantly surprised by yours!

<3 <3 <3

Christy Farmer said...

Congratulations on your NANO win Tessa! Woohoo!

jonyangorg said...

Congrats on winning! And that t-shirt is going to be awesome!

Anna Mittower said...

Congrats on the win! Don't feel too bad about ignoring the rest of the blog chain. Your novel was much more important!
I hope you get some pleasure out of rereading and editing an old nano novel. I'm sure amid the typo ridden pages there are some golden sentences and ideas. :)
And thanks for the follow!

Theresa Milstein said...

I always knew you were a winner. You didn't need the certificate to prove it.

Congratulations, Tessa!

Green Monkey said...

you did it! Congratulations! I did not complete the 50,000 but I did write more than I typically write in a month.

Patsy said...

Hi, I found you through IWSG.

Congrats on finishing NaNo - I didn't manage it this year.

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails