Sunday, 15 January 2012

Sunday Wishes

Sundays are strange, and this one was no exception. They tend to pass me by as if I were somehow in suspended animation, and then, all of a sudden, it's late at night and Monday and a working week loom ahead.

So now I'm watching Criminal Minds while I write this post and I'm wondering which particular pile of "it can't wait" stuff I'll tackle tomorrow.

Am I the only one who does this? Even when I have lots to do, friends and parties and what have you, on Sunday evening I invariably feel like the weekend just vanished on me completely.

Right now I wish I'd done more constructive things this weekend than I did. Since I think this pretty much every weekend, I'm going to try something new. Here's what I want to get done this week:


  • read two books I'm meant to review (they're short, so that should be doable)
  • do some preliminary plotting for a Shiny New Idea I had last week to see if it's worth my time or not
  • do at least half the cost/benefit projections for a major project I'm working on
  • get my work correspondence up to date, including contracts 
  • find a dress for my birthday party
  • invite people for a dinner party next week
  • get my hot water boiler fixed (right now the water pressure is so bad that the shower won't work)
Quite a list, huh? We'll see how I do.

What about you? Do you get those oh-my-God-where-did-the-weekend-go feelings?

Photobucket
ps. I went to see Jane Eyre with my parents today - the first successful family cinema outing in a long time (as in we all liked it).

Post a Comment

Looking for something?

Loading...
Related Posts with Thumbnails