Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday Wishes

Sundays are strange, and this one was no exception. They tend to pass me by as if I were somehow in suspended animation, and then, all of a sudden, it's late at night and Monday and a working week loom ahead.

So now I'm watching Criminal Minds while I write this post and I'm wondering which particular pile of "it can't wait" stuff I'll tackle tomorrow.

Am I the only one who does this? Even when I have lots to do, friends and parties and what have you, on Sunday evening I invariably feel like the weekend just vanished on me completely.

Right now I wish I'd done more constructive things this weekend than I did. Since I think this pretty much every weekend, I'm going to try something new. Here's what I want to get done this week:


  • read two books I'm meant to review (they're short, so that should be doable)
  • do some preliminary plotting for a Shiny New Idea I had last week to see if it's worth my time or not
  • do at least half the cost/benefit projections for a major project I'm working on
  • get my work correspondence up to date, including contracts 
  • find a dress for my birthday party
  • invite people for a dinner party next week
  • get my hot water boiler fixed (right now the water pressure is so bad that the shower won't work)
Quite a list, huh? We'll see how I do.

What about you? Do you get those oh-my-God-where-did-the-weekend-go feelings?

Photobucket
ps. I went to see Jane Eyre with my parents today - the first successful family cinema outing in a long time (as in we all liked it).

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm to the point I wonder where the whole year went!

mshatch said...

sadly, the weekends always pass by much too quickly and I never get as much done as I'd like. Really, work is such an interference.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Why are weekends so short. I went out of town on Saturday so it made today fly by.

Raquel Byrnes said...

It's funny...three day weekends seem to go even faster on me. Good luck with your to do pile...you just reminded me that I have one too.

Unknown said...

Weekends for me is when I cherish the moments with my girls, as they're home from school. And, yes, I agree. They fly by quickly! Here from Alex's IWG

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails