Thursday 5 January 2012

Backwards and Forwards

Becca, one of my fellow book bunnies, had a great idea how to start this year. I know I already did my two 10-Things posts (one of things I didn't do in 2011 and one about my 2012 resolutions) but I figured I might as well give it a go... ; P



What I learned in 2011: 


  1. Stress can be a good thing. No, seriously, it can. 
  2. You can't choose your family, and sometimes there's no point in just fixing up your own side of the fence. 
  3. On the other hand, you can choose your friends. Yay. 


What I hope for in 2012: 


  1. Finishing something to the point of submitting it, maybe even getting something published. *fingers crossed*
  2. Finishing my current degree. 
  3. Not freaking out over the big birthday I'm celebrating in about three weeks' time. 


Best Books in 2011:  I'm going to take a page out of my friend Kerry's book here and do this one in a seperate post ; P


What I'm looking forward to in 2012: 


  1. My degree ceremony, which will be in the Sheldonian Theatre (Oxford). With gown and everything! 
  2. A couple of years ago I started a company with a friend of mine, and this year we'll probably be able to expand. Big time. YAY!! 
  3. My birthday party - even though it is a big one, and it makes me feel really old, I think it'll be great fun. Maybe I'll even let you see some photos... ; P


Things I'm proud I achieved in 2011: 


  1. Finishing all but one of the exams I need for the degree I'm currently working on. 
  2. It's not really an achievement on my part, but I got a third goddaughter last year, and she's sooooo sweet!!!! 
  3. Making a healthy profit with that company I mentioned earlier (hence the expansion plans) ; )

So what about you guys? What are you really proud of achieving last year, and what's the thing you look forward to most in 2012?
Photobucket

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those all sound good! So what's the big birthday? Oh crap, not supposed to ask a woman her age! Missed you yesterday for the IWSG post.

Unknown said...

Great post! Does the birthday start with 3? If it does, just so you know, my 30s were SO MUCH better than my 20s. My 40s? *shrug* Maybe this will be the year they improve! :)

Christine Rains said...

Awesome post! Like Kerry, my 30's were FAR better than my 20's. I enter the new decade this year and I can only see them getting better. I'm proud of joining a local writing group and letting them critique my stories while I'm sitting there listening. It's really, really hard, but incredibly worthwhile.

Unknown said...

Hey, number two in 2011 is a great lesson. I learned this four years ago. I joined an online critique site in 2011 (scribophile) and received a lot of helpful feedback on my novel. I hope to finish it in 2012. Best of luck.

roh morgon said...

A degree and a business? Congrats on accomplishing what you have so far, and on actually writing down what you want to do this year. That's an achievement all on its own!

Erin Kane Spock said...

Congratulations on lots of things. Finishing your degree is huge. Don't worry about the age, just enjoy the birthday party. Age is really a very arbitrary distinction. It's what you do and who you are.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you getting published.

Kelsey (Dominique) Ridge said...

Well, it's not really an achievement on my part, but one of my favorite relatives just had a baby, so that was probably my favorite part of 2011. I'm so excited. Congrats on gaining another goddaughter. :)

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails