Tuesday 29 March 2011

Finalists for The Nature of Magic Blogfest!

It was hard, really hard, to pick a mere FIVE amongst all those fantastically magical entries you graced our blogfest with. Laura and I have been reading and reading and arguing and arguing and, without further ado, came up with these five super-magnificent entries:

Those that didn't have their own title now have one courtesy of moi, Tessa - hope you don't mind! It was just so much easier talking about them this way...

FINALISTS: 

  1. Cloak of Shadows by Raquel Byrnes @ Edge of Your Seat Romance
  2. Cinderella 2.1 by Morning AJ @ Jobbing Writer
  3. Cave of Miracles by Sarah @ The Wit and Wisdom of another Sarah
  4. Canvas by Elise @ Gladiator's Pen
  5. Eldala (excerpt) by Michelle Gregory @ Beautiful Chaos
Please vote on your favourites (poll in sidebar)! The winners shall be announced on April 3rd (that's Sunday). Just in case you forgot....


THE PRIZES are.... 

Voter's...


... 1st choice: Chapter critique from both of us + $ 10 Amazon Voucher
... 2nd choice: Chapter critique from one of us + $ 10 Amazon Voucher
... 3rd choice: Chapter critique from one of us


Mind you, we're not professional editors... think of us as thorough proof readers, lol. 


Because there were so many wonderful entries, we've also come up with a few

Special Mentions 

...favourites who almost made it into the top 5. If you could fit that many into five spaces, we would have.


They shared magic...

Thank you so much to EVERYBODY for sharing their magic (and their time) with us! For those who have time, here's a list of the rest of the participants linked to their entries, in no particular order:

If you're not on that list and you should be, do let me know. It's a long list, I might have missed someone!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

wow! i've never been a finalist for anything.

Unknown said...

OMG you were fast! I haven't gotten around to notifying people yet... ; )

And you SO deserve it!!

(feel free to plug your book in comments btw ; P )

Michelle Gregory said...

Tessa, thanks.

Eldala is available in paperback at Lulu.com, in Kindle at Amazon, and in multiple digital formats at Smashwords.com (where you can download the first 20% for free).

you can also read the first six chapters at Eldala's website - www.eldala.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the finalists :D

Michelle Gregory said...

oops. i forgot to say that. too caught up in myself.

congrats. i'm glad i didn't have to choose 5.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats to the finalists! Nice job, everyone! :D

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations to the finalists. My favorite one (besides mine ; ) ) isn't listed. I'll double-check these entries and choose.

Elise said...

Thank you so much :) I'm still doing a happy dance lol. There are so many great entries I'm honored to be apart. :)

http://elisevancise.webs.com

Lindz Pagel said...

Congrats finalists!
and WOW, thanks for the honorable mention! I'm glad you guys found my panster-scene magical :)

Just Another Sarah said...

Oh, my gosh--like Michelle said, I've also never been a finalist! This is so exciting--congrats to everyone on this list!

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Wow, that WAS fast! I'm so honored to receive an honorable mention, thank you so much!

Congratulations to the five finalists (I've read Eldala and reviewed it about a week ago, it rocks!). I have a lot of ground to cover by tomorrow to vote, where does the time go! Congrats, too, to the honorable mentions and everyone who participated.

Loved this fest, that rebel, Olivia

Thanks Tessa and

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

oops...and Laura! :)

MorningAJ said...

Oh I'm stunned! Thank you for choosing me as a finalist. That's really made my day.

Well done to everyone who wrote their magic stories. I've loved reading them. And good luck to the other finalists.

Ooooooo I'm going to be smiling all day!

Natasha Hanova said...

Congrats to everyone!

Wendy Lu said...

Aww yay, congrats to the finalists and special mentions! :D Everybody did a really great job, and there were some really excellent entries.

Tessa, I believe my entry is missing from the list of participants. :) Sorry I posted mine so late!!!

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails