Tuesday 15 March 2011

Ides of March today! Time for Delusions of Dooooooooooom...



This blogfest is hosted by the wonderful Watery Tart. Here's what she said:

You can do ANY (or all) of the following:


Predict your own death
Predict someone ELSES death 

Write your own obituary
Write someone ELSES obituary
Plot a murder of someone sorely asking for it, step by step

I don't care whether you do it by story, plot list, news article, PROPHECY (any seers in the group?). All I ask is that SAID DEATH be either very strange, unusual, bizarre...conspiratorial... or that the reporting be entertaining. 

I am okay with gore, but if you choose to include it, please be considerate of other festers and post a WARNING.  And if you really ARE a soothsayer or seer, keep that stuff to yourself. Nobody wants to know... this is FOR FUN. 
Doom-doom, doom-doom, doom doom doom doom doom doom DOOOOOOOM!!!!

*ahem*

This is a letter that could have been written by the Duchess of Sunere, who might or might not be plotting to kill her sister the Queen. (imagine this written in very ornate writing with purple ink)

 Dearest Brother, 


I know Your position as Chancellor of Ambras prevents You from visiting Us. You are Vital to the running of the Realm for Our sister the most beloved Queen. I have no doubt that Her Majesty could not do without you even one moment - this I must accept, even though I would be so very happy to have You here, visiting Diassan and Myself in Our humble castle. We have, I believe, much to discuss regarding Our sister and how We might further assist her in caring for Our people. 


After all, Our sister has trusted me with Her own flesh and blood, Our dearest niece and princess Camille. She has grown into quite the beauty under My watchful eye, and seems rather fond of My own Diassan. I believe We can anticipate a favourable development between the two of them. 


Have You had contact with Our Mutual Friend? I would be fascinated to hear of his opinions on our plans. Your importance in Our sister's court will surely work to Our advantage there, and Diassan is poised to travel - at Camille's side or without her - whenever the word is given. 


I look forward to hearing from You soon, 


Your most loving Sister, 


Esa, Duchess of Sunere, Guardian of the Crown Princess, Third in Line to the Throne of Ambras


There! Suitably obscure? Esa is that kind of person. She even talks in Capital Letters (or would if that were possible). 


Go HERE to find lots of other Doom-Like stories!





Photobucket

20 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

Ooooo scandal! I love it! Great entry!!

Mara Nash said...

I really like this, mostly because I'm in love with your richly wonderful world building skills. I'm totes jealous of them. lol.

And you will be happy (maybe) to know that my entry is yet another episode of Happy Acres.

I look forward to reading more of this story you're working. It sounds scandalous and intriguing and fun!

Myne said...

LOL...like the direction you took, a very naughty and mean character.

Laura said...

Dooooooom! Love it, wanna read lots more... stalking you back. mwahahahaha!

Jan Morrison said...

very subtle and good.
what a wicked fun party this is.
Jan Morrison

alberta ross said...

toadstool - like the letter - read between lines not pleasant person

Michael Di Gesu said...

Tessa,

I love you intro and how Esa talks in capitol letters.

TOO funny.

She is the Ice princess.

Michael

Southpaw said...

I like how you’ve capture the air of aristocracy in there.

N. R. Williams said...

Brilliant, I think I will avoid befriending her.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium, Special .99 through April 30

Roland D. Yeomans said...

She is definitely the Ice Princess. No safe backs with her around and that's for sure! GREAT JOB. I had to use all capitols out of respect to her deadliness, and all! Roland

M Pax said...

Very nefarious and scandalous. Great fun to read. :)

Hart Johnson said...

Oooooh! Very cloak and dagger and sneaksy! I can see she is talking around SOMETHING, but what?! Very nice!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

lol this is an amusing blogfest. I like that the letter was written in purple ink. Fitting.

Unknown said...

At first, I thought you might be hiding the real message in the capital letters. Then I couldn't find a connection. Is she threatening the life of the niece if they don't do what she wants? Interesting, but I'll have to look closer to find the real message.

Draven Ames
http://dravenames.blogspot.com/

dolorah said...

I have this problem at my day job: what you know vs what you can prove. This letter is full of intent. I'd be marshalling my troops if I intercepted it, but doubt I could convince the sheriff to lend his support.

Well done.

.......dhole

Ellie Garratt said...

I like! What an intriguing and clever entry!

Blake said...

Hey T,

nicely creepy as ever... Esa freaks me out. Especially the purple ink.

Wendy Lu said...

While this blogfest theme is sketchy and creepy to say the least...0_0....it's so creative and sounds like a lot of fun! :D haha

This was an excellent letter, a very interesting read!

Doomsday indeed.

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

RosieC said...

Obscurely fabulous. Well done.

Trisha said...

Creepy entry, but you can tell there is SO much not being said, but just being vaguely hinted at. :)

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails