Thursday 10 October 2013

Angels and Angles

Hello my dearies!

No, I'm not going to do a post on typos today... although that's an interesting one, isn't it, angles and angels? What I wanted to ask you guys was whether or not you've noticed the current trend towards angel-based stories. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that most of you have, in fact, seen this development.

What I find REALLY interesting is the way it started (as far as I could see) in the YA section of the market. I mean, there were LOADS of vampire novels out there (starting with Anne Rice) before Twilight came along. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think most of the more popular angel-involved novels have been YA ones. And now we have more and more novels on the 'adult fantasy' side of things that involve angels, too. I'm thinking Tad Williams' Bobby Dollar Novels, here, or Lou Morgan's Blood and Feathers, and also the Fallen series by Thomas E. Sniegoski.

So I'm curious to hear what you guys thing - why angels? And am I right or did I miss something about where it started?

Photobucket


No comments:

Looking for something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails